Happy 2012, everyone! I usually don't like to make resolutions for the new year. I used to resolve to exercise and eat healthier. (Don't we all?) In the end, I would always disappoint myself because I was unable to stick to it for the entire year.
This year is a little different. I decided to resolve to do something fun. Something that I know I will enjoy doing. I have resolved to pamper myself. I know, I know. Sounds too self-indulgent but I guess that's the point. I'm the kind of person that gets a haircut about once a year, twice in a good year. I rarely get a manicure and in a town of the $9 manicure it's a shame. Facials...only if I receive a gift certificate. So for 2012, I resolve to take better care of myself by pampering myself.
I also have a few resolutions that I have for the kitchen.
- Take a cooking and/or baking classes. I've been wanting to do this for quite some time. I want to take an intensive series of classes that will vastly improve my technique in the kitchen.
- Master five difficult recipes for entertaining. I rarely make the same recipe twice but I think I'd like to really master a series of meals that I can make when having people over for a dinner party.
- Learn to make pasta from scratch. I have a manual pasta machine that I have never used. I want to make fresh pasta as good as an old Italian grandmother.
- Learn to make bread from scratch. This may require me taking a bread-making class but I am fascinated by the idea of making homemade breads.
- Learn more about wine. I love drinking wine but ordering a bottle at a restaurant... That's something I can never quite do. I'd like to learn about the different varieties, wine-making regions, etc.
Did you resolve to do something for 2012?